Prakash Singh Badal Biography :- Prakash Singh Badal is the former Chief Minister of the state of Punjab. Apart from serving as the Chief Minister of Punjab for many years, he has also served as different minister in the state of Punjab. Shiromani Akali Dal party was established for the protection and progress of Sikhs in Punjab, today he is the chief president of this party. If you want to know the life introduction of Prakash Singh Badal then stay with our article till the end.
Prakash Singh Badal was born on 8 December 1927 in a village named Abul Khurana which currently falls in Pakistan. Prakash Singh Badal’s wife’s name was Surendra Kaur who has passed away. He has given a long time to politics in his life and is one of the well known personalities of Punjab. If you want to know the life introduction of Prakash Singh Badal, then read the information mentioned in an article carefully.
Prakash Singh Badal biography
|Prakash Singh Badal
|date of birth
|8 December 1927
|Abul Khurana village which is now in Pakistan
|Prominent leaders of Akali Dal and prominent members of Punjab politics
|reason for prevalence
|Has been the Chief Minister of Punjab five times
|when did he become the chief minister
|From 1970 to 1971, then from 1977 to 1980, then from 1997 to 2002, then from 2007 to 2017
Who is Prakash Singh Badal?
Prakash Singh Badal is the former Chief Minister of Punjab and the founder and chief president of the political party Akali Dal. He has given his valuable time in the politics of Punjab and has served as a minister in different capacities for many years. People know Prakash Singh Badal as a former Chief Minister, apart from this, he founded the Akali Dal for the Sikh community and has actively participated in various types of movements.
We will always remember Prakash Singh Badal as a popular and future leader of Punjab. He is respected by every leader of Punjab as a senior politician working in different ministerial positions in the state of Punjab.
Early life of Prakash Singh Badal
Prakash Singh Badal was born on 8 December 1927 in a village named Abul Khurana. Presently this village comes in Pakistan but before independence at that time this village was considered a part of Indian Punjab. From 1969, he started taking active part in politics and after that, working on different political positions, became a popular politician of Bihar.
Also Read – Narendra Modi Biography
When Prakash Singh Badal’s daughter was married to the son of Pratap Singh Kairon, former Chief Minister of Punjab, since then Prakash Singh Badal’s political career got stronger. In 1947, Prakash Singh Badal completed his education from Christian College, Lahore. After this, after completing his education in 1947, he became a member of the Shiromani Akali Dal. He understood politics in the best way and achieved a respectable position by being an important part of Punjab politics.
Family of Prakash Singh Badal
Prakash Singh Badal is survived by his wife who died long ago and one son and one daughter. His parents had died long ago. At present, Prakash Singh Badal is living a very happy life in a small family with his one son and one daughter.
Let us tell you that Prakash Singh Badal’s daughter Preneet Kaur is married to former Chief Minister Pratap Singh Kairon’s son. And his son Sukhbir Singh Badal is working as MLA from Jalalabad district of Punjab.
|Sukhbir Singh Badal
Political Career of Prakash Singh Badal
- Prakash Singh Badal has been a staple of Punjab politics for several decades.
- Prakash Singh Badal joined the cabinet of Punjab in 1961.
- After this, he served as an MLA from 1957 to 1969, in which he remained a part of the Congress party.
- Thereafter, Prakash Singh Badal served as the Chief Minister of Punjab from 1970 to 1971. After which President’s rule was imposed in Punjab.
- After this, he became the Chief Minister of Punjab again from 1977 to 1980.
- After this, he again became the Chief Minister of Punjab for the third time from 1997 to 2002.
- After this, he has been the Chief Minister of Punjab for the fourth time from 2007 to 2017.
- After that, in 2003, there was a big movement of Akali Dal in which Prakash Singh Badal took an active part. Meanwhile, Prakash Singh Badal was also working as an MP during the tenure of Morarji Desai.
Achievements of Prakash Singh Badal
- Prakash Singh Badal has served as an MP during the tenure of Morarji Desai.
- Prakash Singh has become the Chief Minister of the state of Punjab five times.
- Apart from this, he has worked as an MLA in Punjab for many years.
- When Prakash Singh Badal becomes the Chief Minister of Punjab for the fourth time, winning the election for two consecutive terms, remains the Chief Minister of Punjab for 10 consecutive years.
- Prakash Singh Badal is famous as a prominent leader of Akali Dal and a popular politician of Punjab.
Social media link of Prakash Singh Badal
At present, social media can be a great way to contact any person. The link of all the social media platforms on which Prakash Singh Badal is mainly active is given below.
FAQ’s Prakash Singh Badal biography
Q. When was Prakash Singh Badal born?
Prakash Singh Badal was born on 8 December 1927.
Q. Who is Prakash Singh Badal?
We know Prakash Singh Badal as a popular leader of Punjab and former Chief Minister of Punjab state, at present he is a popular politician of Panchayats and head of Akali Dal.
Q. When did Prakash Singh Badal become the Chief Minister of Punjab?
First Prakash Singh Badal was the Chief Minister of Punjab from 1970 to 1971, then from 1977 to 1980, and then from 1997 to 2002. After this, he remained the Chief Minister of Punjab for the fourth time from 2007 to 2017.
Today, in this article, we have given you detailed information about Prakash Singh Badal’s biography , explaining in simple words, we tried to tell you that Prakash Singh Badal is a popular leader and why Thus he retained the post of Chief Minister for a long time and people still know him as the most respected and promising leader of Punjab. If after reading this article, you have now understood the life introduction of Prakash Singh Badal, then share it with your friends and do not forget to ask your suggestions, ideas or any kind of question in the comments.