Difference Between Plant Cell and Animal Cells
The plant and animal cells have a lot of differences as well as similarities. It differ on the basic of the presence of organelles . the both plant and animal cells have eukaryotic cells, their cell structures are quite.
- In plant cell has multi cellular eukaryotes living things that are autotrophic by nature. The organelles in plant cells such as chloroplast, cell wall, vacuole, helps in differentiating them from animals cells . while there is a huge amount of plant species the have not been discovered yet the ones identified are around 400,000 in number.
- Plant cells are responsible for performing the function of photosynthesis. It is due to the presence of chlorophyll in the chloroplast of the plant cells. Cellulose makes up the cells that offers support and rigidity to the cells.
- They are eukaryotic cells having a true nucleus along with specialized structures known as organelles which perform specific functions. The size of the plant cells is 10-100 micrometres. The shape of plant cell is fixed and rigid shape generally rectangular or cubical. The cell wall composed of the cell membrane and cellulose. It was surrounded by plasma membrane. Plastids, chloroplast, ribosomes, cytoplasm are present in plant cells.
- The animal cell takes up three- fourth part of all the species on the planet earth. The size of the 10-30 in diameter. The animal cells do not consists of the cell wall and chloroplast and that mainly differentiates them from the plant cells. The primary distinction between animal and plant cells is that animal cells cannot produce their own nutrition.
- The collection of comparable tissues wil form the various organs of the body such as the heart, lungs, and so on. These organs make the organ system such as the neurological system digestive circulatory system and so on. Type of animal cells. Skin cells, bone cells, muscle cells, and blood cells etc.
It is a type of eukaryotic cell that lacks a cell wall and has a true , membrane bound nucleus along with other cellular organelles. Irregular and small in size. It is surrounded by flexible and thin plasma membrane . in animal cell does not have a cell wall. The plastids and chloroplast are not present in animal cells. The ribosome and cytoplasm are present in animal cells. The nucleus are lies in the cell walls centre. The animal cell contains carbohydrates and glycogen.