Difference between eukaryotes and prokaryotes:
- The prokaryotes are organisms without a cell nucleus or any other membrance bound organelles. Most are unicellular, but some prokaryotes are multicellular. The nucleus are absent. In eukaryotic cell are the number of chromosomes are present more than one. The cell type are unicellular. The true membrane bound nucleus are absent. The partial unidirectional transfer are genetic recombination.
- The lysosomes , preroxisomes, microtubules, endoplasmic reticulum, mitochondria, cytoskeleton are absent. The multiple proteins act together to fold and condense prokaryotic dna. Folded dna is then organized into a variety of conformations that are supercoiled and wound around tetramers of the hu protein. The ribosomes are smaller than eukaryotic cell. The vesicles and golgi apparatus are present in prokaryotes.
- The chloroplasts are absent in prokaryotic cell because of the chlorophyll scattered in the cytoplasm. In prokaryotic cell flagella is submicroscopic in size composed of only one fiber. The permeability of nuclear membrane is not present in prokaryotic cells. In prokaryotic cell are plasma membrane with steroid not present in prokaryotic. The cell wall are usually chemically complex. The vacuoles are present in prokaryotic cells. The cell size 1-10um.
- Eukaryotes are organisms whose cells are organized into complex structures by internal membranes and a cytoskeleton. The most characteristic membrane bound structure is the nucleus. This feature gives them their name eukaryote is spelled which comes from the greek. Animals ,plants, fungi and protists are eukaryotes.
- In eukaryotes, the mitochondria and chloroplasts perform various metabolic processes and are believed to have been derived from endosymbiotic bacteria. In prokaryotes similar processes occur across the cell membrane endosybionts are extremely rare.
- The most fundamental difference is that eukaryotes do have true nuclei containing their dna whereas the genetic material in prokaryotes is not membrance bound. Nucleus are present in eukaryotic cell. The number of chromosomes are presented more than one. The cell type is multicellular. The true membrance bound nucleus are present in eukaryotic.
- The genetic recombination are meiosis and fusion of gametes. The lysosomes, peroxisomes, microtubules, endoplasmic reticulum, mitochondria and cytoskeleton are present in eukaryotic cells. The dna wrapping on proteins around proteins caleed histones. The permeability of nuclear membrance are selective in eukaryotic cell. In eukaryotic cell plasma membrance with steroid is present. The cell wall is only in plant cell and fungi. The vacuoles are present in eukaryotic cells. The cell size of eukaryotic cell is 10-100um.