1. eHarmony – Safest Dating App Overall
- Secure messaging system that allows abuse to be detected and blocked
- Routinely, accounts are inspected for suspicious or inconsistent behavior
- Two-factor authentication is used as a security standard
The Bottom line eHarmony is a long-standing company that focuses on customer safety. Instead of worrying about your personal information being stolen, you can focus on your search for the right person and not worry about your privacy.
2. Elite Singles – The Best Secure Dating App With Messaging Encryption
- To keep prying eyes away, all data is encrypted prior to transmission
- A moderator reviews all profiles and images before they are approved for upload.
- An in-house fraud team monitors suspicious activity
The Bottom line – Elite Singles was founded on the belief that well-educated and established singles should have an easy time finding compatible partners. They have the same high standards regarding security and functionality.
3. Christian Mingle – Most Supportive Customer Service
- Customer service available 7 days a week
- All member photos are subject to content review
- Reports of fraud or harassment are promptly dealt with
The bottom line Christian singles can feel secure on Christian Mingle because of their commitment to customer service. They work hard to avoid problems, but they also have a team of workers ready in case something happens. This is why we love this app.
4. Catholic Match – The Top Safe App for Catholic Community Members
- Security system that scans all accounts 24/7 for suspicious behavior and traits
- Real people review problematic accounts
- Access blogs and tips to ensure your online dating safety
The Bottom line – Catholic Match uses an advanced digital security system to keep your data safe, even while you’re sleeping. Any activity that triggers the security system will be reviewed by real people. This prevents members who are legitimate from being banned accidentally from the app.
5. Jdate – Learn how to date safely offline and online with Jdate
- Magazine featuring expert tips on online dating and safety
- Customer service available every day
- Examining profiles for fraudulent activity or inappropriate content is a frequent task
The Bottom line – Jewish singles will love Jdate’s online dating platform. They provide security and customer service that is available seven days a week. This helps members to stay safe online and to help them be more secure when they meet in person. JDate is our top-five list of safest dating apps.
Why You Can Trust These Dating Apps to Keep You Safe
- These dating apps have security teams that are proactively looking out for you and not reacting to any danger.
- These apps have a combination of built-in security and real-life workers who take user concerns seriously.
- All your personal information is protected from prying eyes
- Chat forms encrypted with encryption keep your conversations private and safer than other apps and devices
- You can access additional safety education content to help you stay safe after meeting your partner in real life.
To stay safe, you still have to do your part
You can protect yourself online by choosing a safe dating site. It takes self-awareness, as well as adherence to online safety tips. Let’s look at some of the best ways to stay safe online while dating.
- Trust your guts – If your new interest online is in telling stories that don’t line up, or something about them makes it feel uneasy for you, then trust your instincts. You want to meet this person in real-life, so you won’t be uncomfortable with them.
- Don’t let your online or real-life partner pressure you into doing something you don’t like. You don’t have to meet up immediately, you don’t need answer any private or vulgar questions and you certainly don’t have to engage in any sexual activities that make your skin crawl. Reach out to the customer service of your dating app if you feel pressured by someone.
- Meet in public – When it comes time to meet your partner in real life, choose a place that you feel comfortable in. You should plan to drive to the meeting location and then make plans to return home. It’s a smart idea to inform a friend or family member where you are going and who you will be meeting.
- Drive Separately We discuss security concerns that could arise from sharing a car with someone you aren’t familiar with. Keep it simple and keep your driving separate if this is a concern.
- Do not send money or bank info to your matches It doesn’t matter what you’ve done for them, how many photos they have shared, or how much they care about you. Don’t send money to matches. Anyone requesting money or financial information should be reported immediately and blocked.
- Keep your information private – You don’t need to share any intimate or personal information in your profile. These apps allow you to communicate with others via text, phone, and social media. This information should only be shared with those you feel comfortable sharing it.
- Only communicate through dating apps – These dating apps use encrypted messaging systems to protect your information. They can spot abusive behavior in chat and help protect you against fraud, abuse, or scams.